Monday, September 7, 2015

A Giants (Ew!) Quilt

For reasons I can't fathom, my brother's now-fiancee, Heather, is a Giants fan. As a good future sister-in-law, I made her a Giants quilt for Christmas. I am a Patriots fan, so this broke my heart more than a little bit. It helped to think that I was just making a very pro-America quilt. (I was tempted to embroider a little "Go Pats!" message on the back, but I refrained.)

It's a little bigger than a traditional lap quilt, but smaller than a twin-sized quilt. I used the Giants fabric for standalone blocks and pinwheel blocks, as well as a sizable section on the back. (I really, really didn't want any leftover Giants fabric contaminating my stash!) The blocks are big, about 10 inches, and I used various red, white, and blue patterns to round out the fabric selection. The quilting lines are in a simple grid, so it came together pretty fast once I got into the groove. I think Heather was pleasantly surprised with it on Christmas!





Needless to say, I think this will be the only Giants quilt I make, but I hope she gets a lot of use out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment